Create a glamorous look for your New Year celebrations with muted hues and silver-toned glassware
Love this room
- To give the impression of a wider space, hang a mirror lengthways on the longest wall – this will also help bounce light around the room, making it feel larger.
- Choose French-inspired furniture or update your existing pieces by painting them with grey or cream chalk paint to add character to this elegant scheme.
- Contrasting textures are key to livening up a neutral palette. Mix ruffled fabrics or lace with a shimmering rug or unfinished wooden flooring for maximum impact.
- Dress your mantel for an occasion by bringing in berry and foliage cuttings – intertwine with fairy lights, baubles and paper roses.
- This faded floral wallpaper has a pale, metallic colourway – ideal for creating a dreamy backdrop.