Create an oasis of calm with a palette of inky hues and soft greys
Love this room
- Paint walls in a pale, grey-based blue to keep large living areas feeling light and airy. In smaller rooms, add wow factor with darker shades.
- Contrast block colour with a large-scale patterned wallpaper. Use above panelling to draw the eye up towards the ceiling and create a sense of more space.
- Elevate this tonal look with plenty of decadent materials – such as brass and marble – and tactile fabrics, such as rich velvets and quilted, soft cotton.
- Add elements of concrete and stone on furniture or accessories, to contrast with all the soft and cosy textures.
- Velvet makes the perfect upholstery fabric as it’s very tactile and is available in rich, decadent colours.
- Choose a high-shine metal like brass rather than the aged look on accessories and furniture for maximum glamour and impact.